Safe Refuge provides a comprehensive array of drug and alcohol treatment, recovery and housing programs, matching every individual with the treatment program that best meets his or her needs. We provide affordable treatment to the Southern California community, including special programs for low-income and homeless individuals. Contact us for more information about our special programs.
- Residential Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Supportive Housing
- Supportive Services
- Aftercare Services
Our residential program provides therapeutic activities in a home-like community setting. Residential treatment varies from 90 days to 180 days (or more, as needed). Our residential treatment facilities and programs are licensed and certified by the State of California, and nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Outpatient treatment services vary in intensity and duration. We offer morning, afternoon, evening and weekend programs. Our professional staff helps each client develop a treatment plan to fit his or her individual needs.
Special outpatient programs include:
- Relapse Prevention: Intended for those who want to remain drug-free and sober after treatment, Relapse Prevention requires 1½ to 3 hours per week.
- Day Treatment: This is a more intensive program, requiring 3 or more days per week, 3 to 5 hours per day.
- Intensive Day Treatment: The most intensive outpatient treatment program involves 5 or more days per week, 5 to 8 hours per day.
Parenting Education: The 52-week program meets requirements for court-ordered PC 273.1. Usually, if not PC273.1, DCFS or the court will order clients 12 to 26 weeks.
Some outpatients choose to live in Safe Refuge’s Alcohol-and-Drug-Free Housing while they access supportive outpatient services at our nearby treatment campus.
Safe Refuge’s outpatient treatment programs are certified by the State of California and nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Counseling and Recovery Groups
- Assessments and Treatment Planning
- Case Management and Referrals
- Vocational/Rehabilitation Services
- Educational Activities
- Recreational and Social Activities
- Parenting/Family Services
- HIV/AIDS Services
- 12-Step Meetings
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Services
Individuals who complete our treatment programs are eligible for up to one year of supportive aftercare services, including relapse prevention, crisis counseling, on-the-job training, and housing search assistance.
Our Alumni Group, which includes people who have completed primary treatment, hosts recreational and social events throughout the year. Alumnae also help newcomers adjust to the treatment setting.